Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum Every Third Column In A Row with 68 Columns

Greetings,

I have a list of names in column A starting at row 55. I need to get
the sum of every third column starting in column F thru CR and place
it in column C. Then do the same thing starting in column G thru CS
and placing that sum into column D. And finally, sum column H thru CT
and place that figure in column E.

Any one have any idea what that formula would look like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(F55:CT55),3)=0)*(F55:CT55) )
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(F55:CT55),3)=1)*(F55:CT55) )
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(F55:CT55),3)=2)*(F55:CT55) )

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Minitman" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a list of names in column A starting at row 55. I need to get
the sum of every third column starting in column F thru CR and place
it in column C. Then do the same thing starting in column G thru CS
and placing that sum into column D. And finally, sum column H thru CT
and place that figure in column E.

Any one have any idea what that formula would look like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Pao and Harold,

Poa:
Excellent solution, only needed to know which parameter needed to be
changed to effect all three.

Harold:
Thanks for the excellent solution and for supplying all three formulas
with the different parameters 0 - 2.

Again, a very big thank you.

-Minitman

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:10:27 +0200, "Harald Staff"
wrote:

Hi

Try
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(F55:CT55),3)=0)*(F55:CT55 ))
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(F55:CT55),3)=1)*(F55:CT55 ))
=SUMPRODUCT((MOD(COLUMN(F55:CT55),3)=2)*(F55:CT55 ))

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Minitman" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

I have a list of names in column A starting at row 55. I need to get
the sum of every third column starting in column F thru CR and place
it in column C. Then do the same thing starting in column G thru CS
and placing that sum into column D. And finally, sum column H thru CT
and place that figure in column E.

Any one have any idea what that formula would look like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Minitman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome. Thank you for the feedback, appreciate it.

Best wishes Harald

"Minitman" wrote in message
Thank you Pao and Harold,