Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum of 2 columns * 3rd column

I'm using Excel 2007 and can't figure out how to enter the following formula:

(A3 + B3) * G3
(number in A3 PLUS number in B3) MULTIPLIED by number in column G3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did this in Excel XP, but haven't
figured it out for Excel 2007. TIA
--
Gaye
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in any cell except a3, b3 and g3:

=(A3 + B3) * G3

(I just added an equal sign)

Gaye wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007 and can't figure out how to enter the following formula:

(A3 + B3) * G3
(number in A3 PLUS number in B3) MULTIPLIED by number in column G3

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did this in Excel XP, but haven't
figured it out for Excel 2007. TIA
--
Gaye

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You were close..........just forgot the "=" sign

=(A3+B3)*G3 entered in a cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP