Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default password protected worksheet

I have inherited a workbook from and employee that has left the company. The
workbook has one of the worksheets password protected. Is there a way to
remove the protection without knowing the password?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

yes, look on the web, I downloaded a macro that will unlock any
workbook/worksheet. I got the link from this disussion group, so it is here
somewhere.

"billy" wrote:

I have inherited a workbook from and employee that has left the company. The
workbook has one of the worksheets password protected. Is there a way to
remove the protection without knowing the password?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

yes, not that hard to figure out which shows how secure a file is if you
password protect.

good luck

"billy" wrote:

I have inherited a workbook from and employee that has left the company. The
workbook has one of the worksheets password protected. Is there a way to
remove the protection without knowing the password?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KDG KDG is offline

Yaaa!!!! I NEED this macro, too!!! I've searched and have yet to find it...
sometimes my search skills are not as good as they should be... Could you
tell me exactly where to find it, or give me the macro!?!?? I am in
extreeeeeeme need of it!!!! I thank you for your expedient response!!!

"billy" wrote:

I have inherited a workbook from and employee that has left the company. The
workbook has one of the worksheets password protected. Is there a way to
remove the protection without knowing the password?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A macro can be found at John McGimpsey's site.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP