Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot Group that Selection error in PivotTable

I am trying to group dates in a PivotTable column and receive an error that I
"Cannot Group that Selection". I have checked to make sure that all the data
fields are formatted as dates. Any suggestions on how to get past this error?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out this link...

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems

If your data was originally not dates when you created the pivot table and
then you subsequently changed the source data to actual dates, you need to
refresh the pivot table twice for the change to take effect.

Other than that just double check that ALL of your dates are true dates and
that there are absolutely no blanks or such...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson