Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables disappearing!

I created a spreadsheet with a number of pivot tables in it. This worked
fine for a while. However, recently, I saved the spreadsheet and then opened
it again and all of my pivot tables had reverted to simple text and numbers
(ie I could not manipulate labels, columns, rows, etc as I could originally)!

This was frustrating, but I developed the spreadsheet again using earlier
versions of the spreadsheet which had "non-disappearing" pivot tables. (This
took a lot of time). Again, when I opened the spreadsheet recently the pivot
tables had been replaced by simple text and numbers and could not be
manipulated.

At no point did Excel 2007 ask me if I wanted to remove the pivot tables.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? (I have been saving the
spreadsheet in 2002/03 form, so I am going to see if saving it in 2007 form
has any effect - other than that, I can't thing of a solution).

Cheers
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

David,

If you do not create the 2007 file in the compatiblilty mode, earlier
versions of excel will lose the pivot table function.
--
Dan
Office 2007

"david.from.nz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the advice Dan. I use Excel 2007 software and have not been using
earlier versions of Excel software so I'm not sure if that applies. However,
I started saving the file as an Excel 2007 (instead of 2003) and the problem
has ceased (to date).