Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LEA LEA is offline

Default Copying part of a cell

Hi everyone

I wonder if you have any ideas, in column A, I have a column (see example
below) of formulas, I want to use the same principle sum, in column B, so I
want the cells in column B to refer only to part of the adjacent cells in
column A, but I want a different calculation so therefore a different formula
I then want to drag down so that B1 refers to the principle sum of A1, and B2
uses the principle sum of A2 but not the formula.

A B
1 1123.28/365*42 1123.28/30*78
2 675/365*20 675/30*56
3 2341/365*54 2341/30*66

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A typical technique to help you is to put the core value in a separate column
and then refer to it. Say Z1 thru Z3 contain:

1132.28
675
2341

So A1 thru A3 will contain
=Z1/365*42
=Z2/365*20
=Z3/365*54
etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200791

"lea" wrote:

Hi everyone

I wonder if you have any ideas, in column A, I have a column (see example
below) of formulas, I want to use the same principle sum, in column B, so I
want the cells in column B to refer only to part of the adjacent cells in
column A, but I want a different calculation so therefore a different formula
I then want to drag down so that B1 refers to the principle sum of A1, and B2
uses the principle sum of A2 but not the formula.

A B
1 1123.28/365*42 1123.28/30*78
2 675/365*20 675/30*56
3 2341/365*54 2341/30*66

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LEA LEA is offline

Thanks, but that would be impossible as I have loads of columns with the
information already filled.