Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down List with Macro/Hyperlinks

I have a mult-sheet workbook and am trying to make a drop-down menu to
navigate to different sheets.

I made a column with names of each sheet and in each cell i put a
hyperlink to that sheet. I was hoping that when I made that into a
drop-down it would activate the hyperlink, no such luck.

Has anyone made something similar that works?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave Peterson has instructions here for a worksheet navigation toolbar:

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say in cell A1 we have a Data Validation dropdown that allows the user to
pick from:

Sheet1
Sheet2
Sheet3
etc.

In B1 enter:

=HYPERLINK("#"&A1&"!A1",A1)

This makes a nice, "clickable" link in B1 to any sheet in the workbook.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007j

"cncf" wrote:

I have a mult-sheet workbook and am trying to make a drop-down menu to
navigate to different sheets.

I made a column with names of each sheet and in each cell i put a
hyperlink to that sheet. I was hoping that when I made that into a
drop-down it would activate the hyperlink, no such luck.

Has anyone made something similar that works?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that was great. For some reason (maybe because I am using 2007) it
never showed up floating, it was part of the Add-In Ribbon. I was able to
move it to the Quick Access Toolbar but it does not float. Still in all very
cool thanks!

cncf wrote:
I have a mult-sheet workbook and am trying to make a drop-down menu to
navigate to different sheets.

I made a column with names of each sheet and in each cell i put a
hyperlink to that sheet. I was hoping that when I made that into a
drop-down it would activate the hyperlink, no such luck.

Has anyone made something similar that works?

Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Floating toolbars died with xl2007.

If you want to take the time to translate, er, bring the code up to date for
xl2007...

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)