Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can someone help me with macros?

Hi,

I created a couple of macros in excel, and they worked great. Woo-hoo! And I
did stored in my personal workbook so I could use them as new spreadsheets
come to me that I need to format. But then I decided to delete one. It said I
had to €śunhide€ť a sheet or workbook (cant remember). So I went up to
€świndows€ť pull down, chose €śunhide€ť, and up comes a sheet called €śpersonal
workbook€ť or something like that. So then it let me delete the macro.

Now this morning I go into my macros, and theyre all gone (ok I only had 2,
but still€¦). So Ill just re-create them €“ no big deal. So now when I try to
record a new macro I get the message €śpersonal macro workbook in the startup
folder must remain open for recording a macro€ť €“ I have no idea what this
means or how to get to the start up folder. Do you know? If not, do you know
how I can restore defaults for this so I can start over and be able to record
a macro?

--
Kathy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

You not have to unhide the personal file to delete a macro
Have you hide the file again after you delete the macro ?

On the page above you find the path to the file

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Kathy" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Ron. I'm pretty new at this so pardon my ignorance.

I did not hide again after deleting the macro. I don't know how to hide the
personal workbook file again - when I go up to the windows pull down menu
now, it's referencing the file currently open.

I found the path in visual basic as you said. But now what do I do once I
have this path? (The file is there because I unhid it, right? So I shouldnn't
have to make a new file, right? )

Thanks!
kathy

--
Kathy

"Kathy" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this first

When you open Excel and you see PERSONAL.XLS(B) in the title bar you can use this to hide it.

Excel 97-2003: WindowHide
Excel 2007 : On the View tab in the window group choose Hide

Then close Excel and say Yes to save the changes to your PERSONAL file.

--

"Kathy" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh my God Ron you're a genius. Ok I will try to create the macro again and
let you know how that goes. So what's the general rule for hiding as far as
macros go? You said I shouldn't have to unhide the workbook to delete a
macro? But that's what it told me to do, so that's why I did it. Next time I
will remember to hide it again once I delete the macro, if that happens again
though, yes?

Thanks Ron!
--
Kathy