Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup the date associated with a given value

Hello

I have a lookup question that seems easy but I cannot quite get it. I need
to lookup the date associated with a given value in set of rows. The dates
are in row 1 (so B1:B5 below). I would like to lookup the date of the maximum
value for the US and Europe. The values in the rows are not necessarily in
ascending order, which seems to be a requirement to use the lookup function.
Can anybody help please? Thank you very much.

1965 1966 1967 1968 1969
US 1318 1299 1316 1339 1372
Europe 1303 1287 1334 1350 1342