Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you sum cell amounts that are highlighted

Excel 2003 - I am trying to perform a sum for each row (A-Z) that have a cell
highlighted in yellow. So for example, cell A1, D1 and P1 may all be
highlighted in yellow. I want to then perform a sum of the numbers in these
cells only and display it.

Is this possible to sum the data in the cells that are highlighted?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

I don't think you can sumif based on the cell format. If there is some
formula or condition that is turning the cells yellow, you can sum on that.

"duketter" wrote:

Excel 2003 - I am trying to perform a sum for each row (A-Z) that have a cell
highlighted in yellow. So for example, cell A1, D1 and P1 may all be
highlighted in yellow. I want to then perform a sum of the numbers in these
cells only and display it.

Is this possible to sum the data in the cells that are highlighted?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If colored by Conditional Formatting, sum based on those conditions.

If manually colored cells you will need VBA function.

See Chip Pearson's site for colorindex functions.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP