Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import from Access, space problem

Hi!

I need to import data to Excel 2007 from Access 2007. If I do this with Data
-- Get External Data -- From Access I get the data. My problem is that it
imports everything! For example I have a text field in Access that is 40
characters long. In that field I have data, names, that can be for example 10
characters long or 35 charachters long. When I import data to Excel I get the
entire 40 characters to a cell, meaning that I have the text and lots of
spaces or something after the text. If I export data from Access to Excel
this doesn't happen, but I'd like to do everything in Excel.

I know that I can use the TRIM function to remove the spaces or propably
code the query with VBA, but is there any other way? Could I choose for
example an import option that would give me what I want (only the data, not
the spaces)? The solution should be so simple that anyone could do it, no
programming skills needed.

Thanks for the answers!

Beginner