Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Networkdays include weekend day if activity

Greetings. I'm working on a cycle time calculation.
--I'd like to calculate out same day as 0
--End activity next day as 1
--I'd like to exclude counting Saturday and Sunday, unless the 'end'
activity takes place on one of these days.
--Is this possible? I tried the below formual, it fails to solve for end
activity on weekends.
=IF(a2=b2,0,NETWORKDAYS(a2,b2)-1))

For example: (desired calc)
(networkdays calc)
Start End Cycle Time
Mon 6/2/08 Mon 6/2/08 0 1
Mon 6/2/08 Tues 6/3/08 1 2
Fri 6/6/08 Sat 6/7/08 1 1
Fri 6/6/08 Sun 6/8/08 1 2
Fri 6/6/08 Mon 6/9/08 1 2
Sat 6/7/08 Sun 6/8/08 1 0
Mon 6/2/08 Mon 6/9/08 5 6
--
Thank you -- Suzanne.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Suzanne,

Here is one possible solution:

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2)-1+(MOD(B2,7)<2)+(NETWORKDAYS(A2,B2)=0)

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Suzanne" wrote:

Greetings. I'm working on a cycle time calculation.
--I'd like to calculate out same day as 0
--End activity next day as 1
--I'd like to exclude counting Saturday and Sunday, unless the 'end'
activity takes place on one of these days.
--Is this possible? I tried the below formual, it fails to solve for end
activity on weekends.
=IF(a2=b2,0,NETWORKDAYS(a2,b2)-1))

For example: (desired calc)
(networkdays calc)
Start End Cycle Time
Mon 6/2/08 Mon 6/2/08 0 1
Mon 6/2/08 Tues 6/3/08 1 2
Fri 6/6/08 Sat 6/7/08 1 1
Fri 6/6/08 Sun 6/8/08 1 2
Fri 6/6/08 Mon 6/9/08 1 2
Sat 6/7/08 Sun 6/8/08 1 0
Mon 6/2/08 Mon 6/9/08 5 6
--
Thank you -- Suzanne.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'll give it a try, thanks much.
--
Thank you -- Suzanne.

"Suzanne" wrote:

Greetings. I'm working on a cycle time calculation.
--I'd like to calculate out same day as 0
--End activity next day as 1
--I'd like to exclude counting Saturday and Sunday, unless the 'end'
activity takes place on one of these days.
--Is this possible? I tried the below formual, it fails to solve for end
activity on weekends.
=IF(a2=b2,0,NETWORKDAYS(a2,b2)-1))

For example: (desired calc)
(networkdays calc)
Start End Cycle Time
Mon 6/2/08 Mon 6/2/08 0 1
Mon 6/2/08 Tues 6/3/08 1 2
Fri 6/6/08 Sat 6/7/08 1 1
Fri 6/6/08 Sun 6/8/08 1 2
Fri 6/6/08 Mon 6/9/08 1 2
Sat 6/7/08 Sun 6/8/08 1 0
Mon 6/2/08 Mon 6/9/08 5 6
--
Thank you -- Suzanne.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane? are you out there? The formula doesn't calculate accurately if the
number of days exceeds 7 (obvious to me today). Is there a divisor or nested
formula i could put in place of the 7?

Start Mon 6/2/08 End Mon 6/9/08 am looking for value of 5 days possible?
--
Thank you -- Suzanne.