Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save As with Different Version Name

I need to be able to open a workbook, and then when it is closed it
automatically saves it in the same folder but with an updated name eg.
Spreadsheet Ver 1, Spreadsheet Ver 2? I want this function to work without
the user physically having to Save As.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You say "close". Do you mean you want this to happen only when the file is
closed? Not when the file is saved?
What is the logic to arrive at the new name of the file? HTH Otto
"TaffyBlue74" wrote in message
I need to be able to open a workbook, and then when it is closed it
automatically saves it in the same folder but with an updated name eg.
Spreadsheet Ver 1, Spreadsheet Ver 2? I want this function to work
without
the user physically having to Save As.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The user keeps forgetting to save the document, so I would like the file to
automatically save when it is closed, and add a different Version number to
the name eg. Spreadsheet Ver 1, Spreadsheet 1 Ver 2.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

You say "close". Do you mean you want this to happen only when the file is
closed? Not when the file is saved?
What is the logic to arrive at the new name of the file? HTH Otto
"TaffyBlue74" wrote in message
I need to be able to open a workbook, and then when it is closed it
automatically saves it in the same folder but with an updated name eg.
Spreadsheet Ver 1, Spreadsheet Ver 2? I want this function to work
without
the user physically having to Save As.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't answer my question regarding the logic used to determine the new
file name. Does the existing file ALWAYS have a number at the end of the
file name? ALWAYS? By "existing" I mean the name of the file at the time
that the user closes the file. Be aware that the file will be saved under
the new file name regardless of whether or not the user saved the file
before he closed the file. Otto