Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Not showing #N/A

Hi

Is there a way to set the excel column so it does not display the #N/A

I have a spreadsheet with a V-look up ready to calculate when the user
enters the details but until this happens it comes up with a little green
triangle and a #N/A - where I want it to remain blank

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Just trap it with an IF(ISNA(...) construct, indicatively like this:
=IF(ISNA(vlookup(...)),"",vlookup(...))
--
Max
Singapore
"rexmann" wrote:
Is there a way to set the excel column so it does not display the #N/A

I have a spreadsheet with a V-look up ready to calculate when the user
enters the details but until this happens it comes up with a little green
triangle and a #N/A - where I want it to remain blank

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Welcome, Rexmann
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"rexmann" wrote in message
Hi Max
Job done, thank you
Cheers Rexmann

Date showing incorrect. 30:00 hrs showing 06:00 AlanStotty Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 August 9th 07 01:44 PM
Showing #VALUE! Steved Excel Worksheet Functions 6 November 22nd 05 10:08 PM
Showing/ not showing "getting started" when excel starts Ask Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 20th 05 04:20 PM
showing a zero kgm New Users to Excel 3 May 20th 05 08:29 PM
why there isn't anything showing up? Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 4th 05 04:28 PM