Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default protecting workbook

I need to protect several workbooks from being modified (to do this a sheet
at a time would take forever)- I want to password protect them - there is a
help entry for "set password to modify a workbook" but (and this is big but)
the information is NOT for Excel 2007 - it looks like 2003. This is what is
in the 2007 Excell Help and on the Excel Help on line. Is there any way to
do this in 2007??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start by opening Excel 2007 and clicking the ? (help) button. Do a search for
Password protect workbook
You'll find the information you need - note that the help topic it will
probably lead you to contains information for Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Look at the ones for workbooks.

In short: [Office] Button, click "Save As" (not one of the choices in the
right-hand pane) and then choose [Tools] from the lower left of the Save As
window and then finally choose "General Options" and you'll be where I think
you want to be. You'll have a couple of options; one to encrypt and PW
protect the workbook and another to use a PW to restrict what users can do
with the workbook.

"jolowe" wrote:

I need to protect several workbooks from being modified (to do this a sheet
at a time would take forever)- I want to password protect them - there is a
help entry for "set password to modify a workbook" but (and this is big but)
the information is NOT for Excel 2007 - it looks like 2003. This is what is
in the 2007 Excell Help and on the Excel Help on line. Is there any way to
do this in 2007??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Protect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub UnprotectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Unprotect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Protect_Selected_Sheets()
Set MySheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
For Each ws In MySheets
ws.Select
ws.Protect Password:="justme"
Next ws