Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Populating Data

I have 2 fairly large reports (that have 10 tabs of data) that I do every
week and would like to know if there is a way that I don't have to re-create
these reports each week. Here is what I am currently doing: I export
specific information from ACT! into Excel (this information changes from week
to week). Then I insert several additional columns throughout so that I can
perform various calculation totals. Once this is done I copy/paste the
information that I need into my reports. Hers' my question: Is there a way
that once I have my Exported data ready to go, that I can have the data
necessary to populate automatically over to my reports rather than having to
copy/paste while keeping the format (colors, column widths, formulas, etc.)
in tact?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Rwilson130
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can have your reports in seperate excel files, then have them refernce
the one file that you update every week, this should populate all your
reports automaticaly

"RWilson130" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Użytkownik "RWilson130" napisał w
wiadomo¶ci ...
Thank you for your response! Can you tell me how to reference the file?

You can link/reference *.xls files in this way:

file1.xls - name of base file (with ACT! export )
sheet1 - name of worksheet in this file
c2 - cell with value you need in report

in desired cell in file2.xls (report file) you can type

=[file1.xls]sheet1!c2

this works when both *.xls files are in the same computer directory.
If not, you should type full path to file1.xls like this:

='c:\my_documents\excel\weekly_ballance\[file1.xls]sheet1'!c2

--
Janusz Pawlinka