Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking a Worksheet

This is my first attempt at linking documents. I have followed the steps as
instructed and keep getting an error "Not enough Memory. Continue without
Undo?" What does this mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Rhonda" wrote in message
This is my first attempt at linking documents. I have followed the steps
as
instructed and keep getting an error "Not enough Memory. Continue without
Undo?" What does this mean?

Excel stores information so that you can step backwards (and forwards)
through the various changes made to the spreadsheet. To continue without
Undo means just that. You wont be able to undo any changes made.

If you are hitting a memory capacity problem you should consider increasing
memory. Have a look at www.crucial.com and do a scan of your computer to
get a report of what it has, what it can take, suggestions for updating and,
of course, price. You needn't necessarily buy from crucial of course.

If, as I suspect, you have an old computer, it may not be economical to
update memory (if it is still available) but to upgrade the computer (or, at
least, the motherboard and processor if you can get away with it). This
would be a job for your local techie.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Which instructions are you following?

Are you attempting to link an entire worksheet?

That will bog you down.

Try selecting just a range and link that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:42:04 -0700, Rhonda
wrote:

This is my first attempt at linking documents. I have followed the steps as
instructed and keep getting an error "Not enough Memory. Continue without
Undo?" What does this mean?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord,

I was following the instructions under the help menu in Excel. I kept at it
until i did exactly as you wrote and copied only the cells, not the entire
worksheet. Thanks.

wrote:

This is my first attempt at linking documents. I have followed the steps as
instructed and keep getting an error "Not enough Memory. Continue without
Undo?" What does this mean?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear.

Thanks for posting back.