Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default name the range of data

I am trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into an Outlook Contact folder.
After I choose the destination folder, I get an error saying "the file has no
named ranges. Use Microsoft Excel 97-2003 to name the range of data you want
to import". I am currently using a trial version of Excel 2007 and do not
find in help how to name the ranges. Can you tell me how to do this?
Thanks, Marilyn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
if it would help, check this site out.
it show the menu conversion of xl2003 to xl2007.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm

per his site, the old command was insertname
that has changed to formuladefine names

Regards
FSt1

"Marilyn" wrote:

I am trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into an Outlook Contact folder.
After I choose the destination folder, I get an error saying "the file has no
named ranges. Use Microsoft Excel 97-2003 to name the range of data you want
to import". I am currently using a trial version of Excel 2007 and do not
find in help how to name the ranges. Can you tell me how to do this?
Thanks, Marilyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The first item in the results is for you

And here are links I found with Google
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...s.id-4861.html

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2...l2007s7p6.html

best wishes