Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default creating an excel add-in

I know how to create and save simple add-ins but this one is a bit more
extensive and it involves more than just the regular module. I do not know
how to turn this Macro into a add-in or if it is even possible. Any help
would be grateful.

'This is the code in the workbook
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call TurnOnEvent

End Sub
__________________________________________________ __

'This is the code that is in Module1
Public bEnable As Boolean
Dim myobject As New Class1
Sub TurnOnEvent()
Set myobject.appevent = Application

End Sub

Public Sub RowHighlighter()
If Not bEnable Then
bEnable = True
Else
bEnable = False

'This is the code that is in the Class Module (Class1)
Option Explicit

Public WithEvents appevent As Application

Private Sub appevent_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range)
Static Old As Range
Static colorindxs(1 To 256) As Long
Dim i As Long
If bEnable Then
If Not Old Is Nothing Then
With Old.Cells
If .Row = Target.Row Then Exit Sub
For i = 1 To 256
.Item(i).Interior.ColorIndex = colorindxs(i)
Next i
End With
End If
'Set Old = Cells(Sh.ActiveCell.Row, 1).Resize(1, 256)
Set Old = Cells(Target.Row, 1).Resize(1, 256)
With Old
For i = 1 To 256
colorindxs(i) = .Item(i).Interior.ColorIndex
Next i
.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This macro that I have created which I was planning to turn into an add-in
consist of parts that are in the workbook, a module, and a class module. I
have just tried saving this as a .xla but it does not work when i add it to
my add-in list.

I am sure it has something to do with the fact that to make this macro work
I have code written in the workbook, the module, and the class module. The
othe add-ins that i have created just dealt with the modules and was very
easy to just save it is a .xla file. Hope that is a better explanation.

"James" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well the combonation of what I have does not work as an add-in. I may just
not know how to handle the different modules that create this Macro that
works and turn it into an add-in. Have you tried taking my code and putting
it in your own excel and try what I am having hard time doing??

"James" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well I have just tried it.

The big problem was enabling the highlighting. I had to manually run the
RowHighlghter procedure so as to get bEnable set. Once I did that it worked.
Bit inefficient code, but it worked.

You should provide a facility to toggle bEnable.

--
HTH

Bob