Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default hiding columns with merged rows

Hi,

Is it possible to hide two columns G and H for example even though row 1 and
2 are merged together? When I try to do this it hides the whole sheet as row
1 and 2 are merged throughout the worksheet.

Version: Excel 97
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

U¿ytkownik "Cormac" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

Is it possible to hide two columns G and H for example even though row 1
and
2 are merged together? When I try to do this it hides the whole sheet as
row
1 and 2 are merged throughout the worksheet.

Version: Excel 97

Excel 2002 can hide only G and H columns when rows 1 and 2 are merged.
Maybe this problem is only in Excel 97 ?
--
==============================
Janusz Pawlinka

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Janusz,

Thanks for your quick reply. I was using doing the following to hide the
columns:

Selecting Column G and H using CTRL
Right clicking and selecting HIDE

I am working with a worksheet that already has the columns hidden however
when I attempt to duplicate this it doesn't work. Could this have been a
worksheet that was created in a different version of Excel that supported
hiding of columns with merged rows?