Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting - adding condition on formula

Hello

I have two columns. Column A has 'From' values, and column B has 'To'
values. These froms and tos are distance intervals. The intervals may or
may not be continuous from row to row. I have constructed a formula that
would draw a line inbetween rows which have a break in interval measurements.

=$C2<$B3

This works fine. However, once in a while there is a blank row. These
blank rows must be there, I can't take them out. I need to tell Excel that,
in the event that the next row is blank, to ignore it and take the value in
the following row (for inserting into the formula to determine if a line
needs to be drawn).

I don't know how to append this condition on my formula. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
If there is never more than one blank row between rows of data, (ie, no
consecutive blank rows) try:
=If(ISBLANK($B3),$C2<$B4,$C2<$B3)
Regards - Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply. I took a look at my data, and there is the
possibility of having two blank rows between the data. Never more than two
though. How do I alter your formula to reflect this?

Also, if I was to use your formula, do I insert it as a separate condition?
Or can I tack it on the end of my primary condition somehow?

Regards,
Casa