Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting (Hightlight row based on one condition)

Hi,

I've looked through the conditional formatting section but can't find
anything.

Here is my problem...

A B C D E
1 DD SS WW 1
2 SS QQ EE 4

Now what I require is for section A1-D1 to highlight in red when A1=E1, so
for my example I would only expect to see one row highlighted because there
is only one match.

Your help again is much appreciated.

Regards,
James.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Block the entire range you want to format conditionally - in your example's
case, A1:D2

Click on Formatting, select Conditional Formatting, and in the window that
then pops up, change Cell Value Is to Formula Is. In the box to the right of
this type
=$A1=$E1. Click on the format button, select Patterns, select Red, and OK out

"Jamesy" wrote:

Hi,

I've looked through the conditional formatting section but can't find
anything.

Here is my problem...

A B C D E
1 DD SS WW 1
2 SS QQ EE 4

Now what I require is for section A1-D1 to highlight in red when A1=E1, so
for my example I would only expect to see one row highlighted because there
is only one match.

Your help again is much appreciated.

Regards,
James.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

one way:

Select columns A-D, with A1 as the active cell. Choose
Format/Conditional Formatting and use the dropdowns and input box to
enter:

CF1: Formula is =$A1=$E1
Format1: <patterns/<your color here