Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving Macros

Everytime I create a macro in an Excel file I am working on, after I close
the file and say open a new one or the same file the macro is no loner in the
list of available Macros.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to store your universal macros in the PERSONAL.xls file. When you
create a macro by clicking TOOLS/MARCRO/RECORD NEW MACRO, the dialog box has
a combobox that has the label "Store macro in".

Drop down the list and select PERSONAL MACRO WORKBOOK.

Now, everytime you open the Excel application the PERSONAL.XLS workbook
opens as a hidden workbook. All the macros stored in the PERSONAL.XLS
workbook are now availble for use in other Excel files.
--
Kevin Backmann