Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Looking up the same part numbers from multiple pages and listing e

Looking up the same part numbers from multiple pages and listing each one of
them on a separate sheet, in a row, no matter how many part numbers are
returned, then carry on or two of the neighboring cells information with it.
For instance: (I have 60,000 parts to look up and carry to another sheet
times 18 sheets)
p/n used for: tsi:
123 bmw 3:00:02
456 saab 6:00:03

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks,
Champ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Champ
You're not getting any responses to your post because what you wrote
doesn't make any sense. You say that you want to list EACH part number on a
separate sheet and that you have 60,000 part numbers. That will produce
some 60,000 SHEETS. I don't think that's what you want.
Please post back and describe what you have. Not what you want. Just what
you have.
If you have some part numbers repeated and this fact is significant to your
query, then so state.
Then describe what you want to do. Go through, in words, what you want to
do with the first part number. Be complete from step 1 to the last step.
Remember that no one in this newsgroup has any idea of what you have, what
you want, your business, etc. HTH Otto

"Champ" wrote in message
Looking up the same part numbers from multiple pages and listing each one
of
them on a separate sheet, in a row, no matter how many part numbers are
returned, then carry on or two of the neighboring cells information with
it.
For instance: (I have 60,000 parts to look up and carry to another sheet
times 18 sheets)
p/n used for: tsi:
123 bmw 3:00:02
456 saab 6:00:03

Any help is much appreciated,
Thanks,
Champ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Looking up the same part numbers from multiple pages and listi

Otto, or All:

I have 18 workbooks that have 36-tabs/spreadsheets- in each, which equals
648 separate sheets. Each of the 18 workbooks has 12 months, below
tabs/sheets, which have been copied to make three of each month for the given
year.

So to summarize that: I have, in one of the spreadsheets, the year 1989 as
the title of the workbook, 12-spreadsheets named by each month, then each of
those have been copied to sort the data differently, one JAN by part number,
one JAN by removal date, one JAN by car type, then FEB, MAR, APR all the same
format.

I am trying to write a formula that will use any of these sheets, doesn't
matter but for this I will use the sorted by part number sheet, and I need
the formula to query how many of that part number was used for each of the
12-months separately.
example: Jan p/n: xyz = 37
Feb p/n: rst = 49
Mar p/n: abc = 21
etc.
I need it to find all of the exact same part numbers and list them, without
me telling the forula the part number if possible, if not, I will still need
help to find all of the like part numbers, using one of the part numbers to
search the sheet and give me either them as a counted item, them as a list.

I will then create a workbook with all of these details summarized on one
sheet and a higher details summary of the end results.

Does that seem possible?

Thanks,
Champ