Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
jk jk is offline

Default Highlight Duplicate on entry

Hi,

I need something that would highlight the cell entry if there is a duplicate
entry located on the sheet.For instance, i enter account N15650 in the
account column and if this entry has previosly been made in the same column
then i want this new entry to be highlighted as a flag for me.Does this
require a macro or vb for this action?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

jk, have a look here for a way to do it,

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"jk" wrote in message

I need something that would highlight the cell entry if there is a
duplicate
entry located on the sheet.For instance, i enter account N15650 in the
account column and if this entry has previosly been made in the same
column
then i want this new entry to be highlighted as a flag for me.Does this
require a macro or vb for this action?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Max Max is offline

"jk" wrote:
I need something that would highlight the cell entry if there is a duplicate
entry located on the sheet.For instance, i enter account N15650 in the
account column and if this entry has previosly been made in the same column
then i want this new entry to be highlighted as a flag for me.Does this
require a macro or vb for this action?

Perhaps try also Data Validation ..

Assuming it's for inputs into col A ..

Select col A