-   -   Disable automatic GETPIVOT (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/97769-disable-automatic-getpivot.html)

news.microsoft.com

Disable automatic GETPIVOT

Whenever I reference to a field in a pivot table I get the
"GETPIVOTDATA....." worksheet function. This would normally be OK but
this is an Absolute reference and I can't figure out how to get it to
make it a relative reference.

The only way I can do it is by taking out the formula and manually
entering the cell reference - ie "A1". Is there any way the GETPIVOT
function can be turned off??

Thanks

Nick

Roger Govier

Disable automatic GETPIVOT

Hi

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for information on the
GetPivotData function

Regards

Roger Govier

"news.microsoft.com" wrote in message
Whenever I reference to a field in a pivot table I get the
"GETPIVOTDATA....." worksheet function. This would normally be OK but
this is an Absolute reference and I can't figure out how to get it to
make it a relative reference.

The only way I can do it is by taking out the formula and manually
entering the cell reference - ie "A1". Is there any way the GETPIVOT
function can be turned off??

Thanks

Nick

news.microsoft.com

Disable automatic GETPIVOT

Many thanks Roger it worked a treat

Nick
"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for information on the
GetPivotData function

Regards

Roger Govier

"news.microsoft.com" wrote in message
Whenever I reference to a field in a pivot table I get the
"GETPIVOTDATA....." worksheet function. This would normally be OK but
this is an Absolute reference and I can't figure out how to get it to
make it a relative reference.

The only way I can do it is by taking out the formula and manually
entering the cell reference - ie "A1". Is there any way the GETPIVOT
function can be turned off??

Thanks

Nick

Roger Govier

Disable automatic GETPIVOT

Well, thanks to Debra really, but many thanks for the feedback