Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Maycon

Default AutoSave.xla Add-in

I have a excel version 2000 SP running in Citrix Server and I would like to
install the Autosave.xla.

I click in Tools Add-ins but don't show me the option of this componente.
Someone know how can I install?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

First thing I would do is a file search on my computer to see if the add-in is
was installed at initial installation.

Probably not because the installation should have placed it in the
Office\Library folder and you would see it ToolsAdd-ins

If can't be found, pop in the CD install from there.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:49:02 -0700, Maycon
wrote:

I have a excel version 2000 SP running in Citrix Server and I would like to
install the Autosave.xla.

I click in Tools Add-ins but don't show me the option of this componente.
Someone know how can I install?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Maycon

Yeah. Sorry I ahve to say that I have Excel 2002 SP3. So don't have more this
option Autosave. I thint that I have to buy or I can creat a VBA.
Some one know how can I get a script?

wrote:

I have a excel version 2000 SP running in Citrix Server and I would like to
install the Autosave.xla.

I click in Tools Add-ins but don't show me the option of this componente.
Someone know how can I install?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

AUTOSAVE.XLA was last shipped with Excel 2000 and newer versions do not include
it.

It cannot be found on any MS site but..............

To download the 97 version go here.....

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

I have used the 97 version on Excel 2002 and 2003 and seems to operate well.

In addition to the above......Jan Karel Pieterse has an addin called AutoSafe
which also doen't alert before saving.

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups
from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

(look for AutoSafe.zip)

Gord