Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
donbowyer

Default Request to access the Internet

Every time I now open Excel , a Zone Alarm firewall pop-up says "Microsoft
Excel is trying to access the trusted zone." So I allow that then get another
pop-up saying "Microsoft Excel is trying to access the internet." I allow
that and then things carry on as normal.
But why is it doing it every time I open Excel? It didn't used to. Can it be
stopped?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
donwb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Charlie O'Neill

That is a Zone Alarm problem, try contacting them. One thought, did you
check the box "Remember this setting"?

Charlie

"donbowyer" wrote:

Every time I now open Excel , a Zone Alarm firewall pop-up says "Microsoft
Excel is trying to access the trusted zone." So I allow that then get another
pop-up saying "Microsoft Excel is trying to access the internet." I allow
that and then things carry on as normal.
But why is it doing it every time I open Excel? It didn't used to. Can it be
stopped?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
donwb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
donbowyer

Thanks Charlie, No the "Remember this setting" box is/was unchecked.
I'll speak with ZA.
Thanks again
--
donwb