Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
EngineerOldie

Default Excel column identification

The copy of Excel downloaded from Microsoft for my home PC comes up with
numbered rather than lettered column identifications. Although relative and
absolute addresses seem to be pretty intuitive (identified something like
[R-1,C-3] for relative addresses and [R1,C4] for absolute addresses, I'm much
more familiar with having columns lettered and rows numbered.

I presume there's a toggle or set up feature to select one or the other but
have been unable to find it. Has anyone out there encountered this? If so,
what/where is the solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Tools|Options|general tab|uncheck R1C1 reference style

Excel picks this up from the first workbook you opened in that session. You may
have to do it again.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
EngineerOldie

Dave,

Thanks for the reply - just what I needed. I knew it had to be somewhere.

EngineerOldie