Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Paul Ciszek

Default Does Office 2000 Excel support complex numbers at all?

OK, so I re-installed Office 2000, and I selected every concievable
option in the Analysis ToolPack and set them all to run off of my
computer. After installing, I went into Add-Ons and checked every
thing that could be checked. Yet, I still get "#NAME?' when try to
enter the function =COMPLEX(1,2,i) The Excel help file seems to think
this is legit, but Excel itself hasn't heard of it.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I don't have any experience with this function, so I may be wrong, but
try enclosing the suffix argument in quotation marks.

=complex(1,2,"i")

It may be that it's looking for a range named i instead of using "i" as
the argument.

Hope that helps.

Mike