Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Toto Sanderson

Default how to setup transferring data from row to column

Can anyone help me he

How do I setup transfering data in a row to a column on another sheet so
that when I input anything in the row, the column in the other sheet will be
automatically filled.

I tried =Sheet1!A1 and then copy down. But the second cell down becomes
=Sheet1!A2, whereas I want it to be =Sheet1!B1

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Max

One way ..

In Sheet2,

Put in any starting cell, say, in B2:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,,ROW(A1)-1)
Copy B2 down

B2 returns the same as: =Sheet1!A1
B3 returns: =Sheet1!B1
B4 returns: =Sheet1!C1
and so on ..

And for a neat look, suppress the display of zeros in the sheet via:
Click: Tools Options view tab Uncheck "Zero values" OK
--
Max
Singapore
"Toto Sanderson" wrote in message
Can anyone help me he

How do I setup transfering data in a row to a column on another sheet so
that when I input anything in the row, the column in the other sheet will

be
automatically filled.

I tried =Sheet1!A1 and then copy down. But the second cell down becomes
=Sheet1!A2, whereas I want it to be =Sheet1!B1

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Max

Glad to hear that !