Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
rbane

Default Excel spreadsheet setup

Can someone help me with this problem?

Assume I have a row of cells named B1 and B2.
Today I want the value in B1 to be the product of A1 times A2.
Tomorrow, I will create another row of cells named C1 and C2. I will change
the value of A1 and I want the value in C1 to be the product of the new A1
times A2.
I do not want the old value in B1 to change from what it is today.
Can you help me with this?

Thank you very much,

Ron

--
rbane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
rbane

Unfortunately I am not that familar with macros. Could you tell me how to use
the macro you are referring to and help me through it?
Thank you very much.
--
rbane

"rbane" wrote in message ...
Can someone help me with this problem?

Assume I have a row of cells named B1 and B2.
Today I want the value in B1 to be the product of A1 times A2.
Tomorrow, I will create another row of cells named C1 and C2. I will change
the value of A1 and I want the value in C1 to be the product of the new A1
times A2.
I do not want the old value in B1 to change from what it is today.
Can you help me with this?

Thank you very much,

Ron

--
rbane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

In order to write a macro you need to know exactly what you want to happen,
and I don't think you have provided sufficient information to understand exactly
what you enter or want created automatically. For instance adding two rows at
a time not a typical spreadsheet application, so possibly you provided the
wrong cell addresses and meant for the additions to be on the same row, but
in any case I don't have an idea of the order that you are entering information
and what is to be automated.

In other words B1 and B2 are NOT on the same row.

When you change the value in A1 can the new row(s) be created
automatically, or id the calculated value going to appear when you
add a new cell(s) below.

If you look over the page reference I provided earlier you would get
an idea of what you can do and help you provide a better definition
of what you want done.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
rbane

I designed a macro that works fine thanks to your suggestion.
Thanks again.
--
rbane

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

.
---
HTH,

"rbane" wrote in message ...
Can someone help me with this problem?

Assume I have a row of cells named B1 and B2.
Today I want the value in B1 to be the product of A1 times A2.
Tomorrow, I will create another row of cells named C1 and C2. I will change
the value of A1 and I want the value in C1 to be the product of the new A1
times A2.
I do not want the old value in B1 to change from what it is today.
Can you help me with this?

Thank you very much,

Ron

--
rbane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

HI rbane,
Thanks for telling me my webpage (event.htm) helped toward your own
solution.
---

"rbane" wrote...
I designed a macro that works fine thanks to your suggestion.
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
rbane

My spreadsheet is not working exactly the way I want it to. The macro is
working, but not to the extent I want.
Would anyone care to help me work through my problem?
Thank you in advance.

--
rbane

"David McRitchie" wrote:

HI rbane,
Thanks for telling me my webpage (event.htm) helped toward your own
solution.
---

"rbane" wrote...
I designed a macro that works fine thanks to your suggestion.
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

If you can break out the part that is not working then post it along
with at description; otherwise, email the macro and/or worksheet

Either way describe what is happening and what it is expected to do instead.
What data you are entering and when.

---
HTH,

"David McRitchie" wrote:

HI rbane,
Thanks for telling me my webpage (event.htm) helped toward your own
solution.
---

"rbane" wrote...
I designed a macro that works fine thanks to your suggestion.
Thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
rbane

Thank you so much for your offer, but someone else solved the problem for me
on another thread.
Thanks anyway for your offer.
--
rbane