Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Danny

Default Excel Templates

I would like to have a couple of custom templates that I have created
display in the "General" or "Spreadsheet Solutions" tabs for a user to
select.

I placed the templates (sample.xlt) into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Templates\1033 folder with the other templates but they don't show up
as a choice when I go to "General Templates..."

What's the trick?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

Danny

If you stick your templates into the Spreadsheet Solutions folder they should
show up under that tab.

If you want a user-created folder to show up on the list of tabs you must
first create a sub folder within a folder to store the templates.

Then open Word(yes, Word) and ToolsOptionsFile LocationsUser
TemplatesModify.

Browse off to your folder and OK

If you don't mind, click Yes.

This sub folder will show up as a tab next to the others only if it contains
*.xlt or *.xls files.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:25:08 -0800, "Danny" wrote:

I would like to have a couple of custom templates that I have created
display in the "General" or "Spreadsheet Solutions" tabs for a user to
select.

I placed the templates (sample.xlt) into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Templates\1033 folder with the other templates but they don't show up
as a choice when I go to "General Templates..."

What's the trick?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

Danny

Maybe easier if you just make a new folder under the 1033 folder.

Stick your templates in there then in Word modify the user templates path to
1033.

Not to your folder, to the 1033 folder.

Your subfolder will show as a tab.

Gord

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:11:17 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Danny

Thanks Gord! I didn't see a "Spreadsheet Solutions" folder (I'm using Office
2002) so I used your second solution and it worked great.
Thanks again.
Danny