Bandi

Default default settings on autosave in Office 2000

How do I change autosave default settings. ie save all active sheets?
Gord Dibben

Bandi

Autosave does not save sheets, only workbooks.

With the Autosave Add-in loaded through ToolsAdd-ins you go to ToolsAutosave
and click on it.

The options to save active workbook only or all open workbooks can be
enabled/disabled as you wish.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:37:01 -0800, "Bandi"
wrote:

How do I change autosave default settings. ie save all active sheets?

Bandi

"Bandi" wrote:

How do I change autosave default settings. ie save all active sheets?

The setting is current work sheet only. Using the described method ,
requires changing every time I open Excel. How do I change the default
setting permanetly?
Gord Dibben

Bandi

Try the advice below from Dave Peterson............

Dave Peterson Jul 21 2004, 6:49 pm

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
From: Dave Peterson - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:49:59 -0500
Subject: Auto Save Window

Maybe...

XL2000: AutoSave Settings Are Not Retained Between
Sessions of Excel 2000

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user
selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts
them in the recycle bin). And the user can always restore the backups from the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Gord

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:33:01 -0800, "Bandi"
wrote:

"Bandi" wrote:

How do I change autosave default settings. ie save all active sheets?

The setting is current work sheet only. Using the described method ,
requires changing every time I open Excel. How do I change the default
setting permanetly?

Bandi

"Bandi" wrote:

How do I change autosave default settings. ie save all active sheets?

Thank you Gord for the information.

Bandi