Kiran

Default Excel 2003 and IE 6 sp2

hello,
I can't download Excel 2003 file from ie6 sp2.
we found a document which refer to a hotfix @
but when we got the hotfix and tried to install it came up with the message
that it needs to have IE6 and sp1.

we don't know what to do next. pls help
Jack in the UK

Internet Explorer ships as a part of Windows not Office / Excel
sometimes Microsoft does put restrictions on some product to only work
on X or Y versions of what it needs to run, IE is often effected.

If you are on the WWW and can hit a link you should be able to download
it unless you have restrictions in place say a work place does this a
lot stops files and attachments. SP2 is just a bolt on most for
security measure, so I am perplexed whys happening here, should work
ok, I am not so sure about the hotFix tho? I might try to just get the
software to work correctly. Windows 2000+ is all IE6 and the SP is free
from the Microsoft web site you can if not on dial up connection
download it and install it. Or see if a PC magazine has it for you they
often give it away there no licence issues it is free so no problems
where you source it from if you can download it. All in all if all
settings are default and no restrictions with or without Sp2 should be
all ok.

Jack

--
Jack in the UK