Old May 29th 10, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ben Ben is offline

Default How do I change File Open default directory from My Documents

Every time I open Excel 2002 and choose File Open it defaults to My
Documents.
While working in Excel, it will always remember the last directory I was in.
When I close, and then relaunch Excel, File Open defaults back to My
Documents.
Is there some way to change which directory is default when using File
Open.
I would like to do this without registry edits or changing the target path
of My Documents shortcut if possible.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Old May 29th 10, 08:02 PM
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Every time I open Excel 2002 and choose File Open it defaults to My
Documents.
While working in Excel, it will always remember the last directory I was in.
When I close, and then relaunch Excel, File Open defaults back to My
Documents.
Is there some way to change which directory is default when using File
Open.
I would like to do this without registry edits or changing the target path
of My Documents shortcut if possible.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Go to the tools/ options menu, select the "general" tab, there is a entry
for "default file location".

give the default file location, it will open from this path by default.

all the best
Thanks
Bala
Old May 29th 10, 08:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

ToolsOptionsGeneral

Default File Location is where you enter the path to your desired folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP