Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Formatting date in Excel

Hi there -
I type dates as 18.1.10 in Excel. I then have an automatic date change which
goes to 18-Jan-10. This is in 2003.
I have recently got a new computer with Windows 7 and Office 2007 and for
the life of me I can't find where I can convert the date with . separators to
the format I wish to use. It works when typed in as 18/1/10 - the conversion
is fine. I have checked in Excel Options which should be there but I can't
find it, I have tried to format it under the Number option on the Home ribbon
but it won't accept it and I have looked in Control Panel but all the
categories have changed and I don't know where to look. Can anyone help me
please? Otherwise I will have to change from years of typing with a full stop
separator to typing with a slash separator. Hopefully not!!
Many thanks.