Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How to change column width of the default start-up spreadsheet?

I know it was possible to do this in versions before 07, but I can't find it
here? Also, I would like to set my default spreadsheet view at 130%, can't
find where to do that either.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

In EXCEL 2007 to view at 130%:-

- View

- Zoom group

- Zoom

- Zoom window should launch

- set Custom to 130

- hit OK

The above should give you what you want.

If my comments have hekped please hit Yes.

"Jeter" wrote:

I know it was possible to do this in versions before 07, but I can't find it
here? Also, I would like to set my default spreadsheet view at 130%, can't
find where to do that either.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

- or maybe set up a template with the settings that I gave in my previous
posting then use this template (with your 130%) to create new files. I reckon
that should give you what you want.

"Jeter" wrote:

I know it was possible to do this in versions before 07, but I can't find it
here? Also, I would like to set my default spreadsheet view at 130%, can't
find where to do that either.

Thank you.

Junior Member

To specify a different column width for all the columns in the current worksheet, make sure the Home tab is active, click “Format” in the Cells section, and then select “Default Width” from the Cell Size drop-down menu.
Enter a value for the Standard column width on the Standard width dialog box and click “OK”.

I hope this helps!
Tim Paine