Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2007 Slow Typing and Cell Change

Hi,

I have a client with a problem in Excel 2007 when they are typing into the
workbook there is a noticable delay (1-2 secs) between the keystroke and the
letter or number appearing on the screen. When they tab between cells there
is again a noticable delay between the tab key being pressed and the cell
border moving to the next cell.

It is a new install of Office 2007 Basic on a brand new computer, Office
Service pack 2 has been applied and all the latest office updates also. The
problem does not occur in word or outlook.

I have tried creating a new worksheet (2007 format) and the problem still
exists, the problem also occurs in old exel documents created in XP/2003
format when opened in compatibilty mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

If the delay occurs when typing into a single cell, then I don't think it's
excel. Excel won't let macros run when users are editing the cell.

If the delay occurs after you hit enter (using tab to go to the next cell, too),
then it could be a misbehaving macro.

I'd open excel in safe mode.
Close excel
Windows start button|Run
excel /safe
Open your file and test it.

I don't have a good guess--since it doesn't occur in MSWord or Outlook. But I'd
look at something at the windows level (Antivirus program stealing CPU
cycles???) Maybe something that gets installed with another program that adds
functionality to excel????

If you find the solution, please post back. It may help other victims searching
google groups.

--

Dave Peterson