Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do you set Excel 2002 as the default program?

I have both Excel 2002 and Excel 2007 installed on my computer. I would like
to make Excel 2002 the default program whenever I open existing spreadsheets.
Is there any way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You can make xl2002 the default program associated with .xls files by
reregistering xl2002:

Close excel
windows start button|run
"C:\yourpathtoexcel2002\excel.exe" /regserver

reregistering xl2002 should make it look like the last version installed.

(Change that path to the actual path.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thank you Dave for your response. I must have done something else incorrectly
since your suggestion didn't accomplish what I was hoping for. In fact, now
when I click on a xls worksheet to open it, nothing happens. Neither version
of excel opens the worksheet.

Any other suggestions?

Steve

Steve48 wrote:

I have both Excel 2002 and Excel 2007 installed on my computer. I would like
to make Excel 2002 the default program whenever I open existing spreadsheets.
Is there any way to do this?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try it again.

If that fails, share the details of what you did.

This solution has worked for lots of people.