Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default TAB down then right instead of right then down?

Is it possible to set up Excel to change the function of the TAB key to tab
DOWN a column then RIGHT to the next column instead of RIGHT across a row
then DOWN to the next row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi

in excel 2007 go to the microsoft button, excel options, advance, editing
options,after pressing enter move selection, change it to down

"TR Young" wrote:

Is it possible to set up Excel to change the function of the TAB key to tab
DOWN a column then RIGHT to the next column instead of RIGHT across a row
then DOWN to the next row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks, Eduardo.

Two problems, however...

First, I neglected to mention that I am using Excel 2003.

Second, I need this to work with the TAB key because I have all cells locked
except for cells that need data entered into them. The TAB key will TAB
from Left to Right and land on any cells that are unlocked for editing. The
ENTER key will drop downward onto cells that are locked, instead of only
going to unlocked cells. I need to TAB downward until the last unlocked
cell is reached, then TAB to the right to the top of the next column where
information is to be entered.

"TR Young" wrote:

Is it possible to set up Excel to change the function of the TAB key to
tab
DOWN a column then RIGHT to the next column instead of RIGHT across a row
then DOWN to the next row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

When protecting the sheet disable allow users to "select locked cells"

Then your Enter key will skip the locked cells going down.

When it reaches the bottom locked cell in that column it will jump to top of
next column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP