Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How to get Tmin in a formula

I have an equation where tmin is unknown, and it turns out to be a 3rd degree
equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using solver or goal
seek in Excel.
Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

What is the equation?
Why don't you want to use Goal Seek?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Sweety" wrote in message
I have an equation where tmin is unknown, and it turns out to be a 3rd
degree
equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using solver or goal
seek in Excel.
Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,
I am unable to copy the equation here.
Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.

"Sweety" wrote in message
I have an equation where tmin is unknown, and it turns out to be a 3rd
degree
equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using solver or goal
seek in Excel.
Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

Excel is used for simple calculation. To check the issue and provide you
suggestions, could you give us a example? You can send me the example at
.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Regards,

Daisy Cao

Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: ?B?U3dlZXR5?=
| Subject: How to get Tmin in a formula
| Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:18:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| Hi,
| I am unable to copy the equation here.
| Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| What is the equation?
| Why don't you want to use Goal Seek?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Sweety" wrote in message
| I have an equation where tmin is unknown, and it turns out to be a 3rd
| degree
| equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using solver
or goal
| seek in Excel.
| Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

I have sent an email with the same subject line to

Waiting for your reply

""Daisy Cao [MSFT]"" wrote:

Hi,

Excel is used for simple calculation. To check the issue and provide you
suggestions, could you give us a example? You can send me the example at
.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Regards,

Daisy Cao

Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: ?B?U3dlZXR5?=
| Subject: How to get Tmin in a formula
| Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:18:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
|
| Hi,
| I am unable to copy the equation here.
| Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| What is the equation?
| Why don't you want to use Goal Seek?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Sweety" wrote in message
| I have an equation where tmin is unknown, and it turns out to be a 3rd
| degree
| equation. The problem is how to find tmin without using âœsolverâ
or âœgoal
| seek❠in Excel.
| Is there any other way i can get tmin in a 3rd degree equation i have

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi Sweety,

I got your email and checked the equation, it is a complex equation and it
cannot be calculated by Excel build-in features. I also discuss the
questions with my colleagues, we do not suggest to solve the complex
equation with Excel and you may try advanced tool solver or goal seek.

If you do feel like to solve the equation with Excel, we suggest you
contact Advisory Services.

Advisory Services is a remotely delivered, hourly fee-based, consultative
support option that provides a comprehensive result beyond your break-fix
productmaintenance needs. This is most often used for code review, or new
program development, or product setup/migration type of issues.

For more info, you can refer to:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/advisoryservice

I appreciate your understanding. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Daisy Cao

Microsoft Online Support

--------------------

.

| Thanks and have a nice day!
|
| Regards,
|
| Daisy Cao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| ================================================== ==
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ================================================== ==
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?U3dlZXR5?=
| | Subject: How to get Tmin in a formula
| | Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 00:18:05 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Hi,
| | I am unable to copy the equation here.
| | Is there any other way, i can send you the equation.
| |
| |
| | "Niek Otten" wrote:
| |