Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Sue Sue is offline

Default Folder movement

How can we prevent folders being moved or deleted from a shared network
drive. Is there a mistake in the way we have the user security set up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I'm not sure it's possible. I'd speak to your IT staff to see what they could
do.

If you need users to create new files or update existing files, remember to tell
them that you need read/write/create authority for files in those folders.

In fact, with the way exce works, you'll need read/write/create authority to
update an existing file.

--

Dave Peterson