Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How do I disable the automatic virus scan when loading Excel 2007

Excel 2007 takes forever to load, as does Word, because of the virus check -
I want to disable it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JSF JSF is offline

"hgreeb" wrote:

Excel 2007 takes forever to load, as does Word, because of the virus check -
I want to disable it.

Well, if you're so sure that it's your anti-virus that slows it down, you
should ask your question on your anti-virus developer website. Obviously
this is about the settings of your anti-virus software, but you didn't even
mention which one you have.
Most anti-virus programs have a separate engine running for Office
documents, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.