Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Print Row Headings on left & right side

I need to have my row headings print automaticaly on both the left and right
side of the print out. I print the spreadsheet in landscape with the hours of
a day on the left (rows) and the dates of the month on the top (columns). It
would be much easier to guage the hours if I were able to print the hours
again on the right side of the page. Is this possible? Surely others would
want to be able to do this technique for their large spreadsheets?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi

Well supposing column J was your last column of data, enter in K2
=A2 and copy down
Select Columns A to J for Printing
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"mcurtis47" wrote in message
I need to have my row headings print automaticaly on both the left and
right
side of the print out. I print the spreadsheet in landscape with the hours
of
a day on the left (rows) and the dates of the month on the top (columns).
It
would be much easier to guage the hours if I were able to print the hours
again on the right side of the page. Is this possible? Surely others would
want to be able to do this technique for their large spreadsheets?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Thanks for the reply Roger.

I was rather hoping for a more automated solution. My columns represent days
of the year and log in hours worked for both my wife & myself. I have rows
under the schedule that compute sums of the hours worked each day and also on
a bi-weekly basis provides Pay check estimates. I am doing this because our
hours are different every day and each week. That said, inserting a column
for printing purposes only would not only be tedious but also screw up
formulas.

Maybe there is isn't any other way to do it. Thanks.

"mcurtis47" wrote in message
I need to have my row headings print automaticaly on both the left and
right
side of the print out. I print the spreadsheet in landscape with the hours
of
a day on the left (rows) and the dates of the month on the top (columns).
It
would be much easier to guage the hours if I were able to print the hours
again on the right side of the page. Is this possible? Surely others would
want to be able to do this technique for their large spreadsheets?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

You can create another worksheet strictly for printing purposes and delete
that worksheet when finished. You probably would want the macro to
save your original worksheet before creating the second worksheet.
For a couple of examples, see
Bus Schedule
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/bus_sched.htm

Worksheets in VBA Coding and in Worksheet Formulas
(look for . [posted 2004-11-05] )
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm
--
HTH,
David McRitchie

"mcurtis47" wrote in message
I need to have my row headings print automaticaly on both the left and
right
side of the print out. I print the spreadsheet in landscape with the hours
of
a day on the left (rows) and the dates of the month on the top (columns).
It
would be much easier to guage the hours if I were able to print the hours
again on the right side of the page. Is this possible? Surely others would
want to be able to do this technique for their large spreadsheets?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Sorry I was working more from you previous answer than your question.
This is not along the lines of your title and what you asked, but you are
obviously having a problem with printing.

You have made the heading rows and heading columns show up as you
scroll through the worksheet, but have probably note done the same for
printing (Repeat Rows/column headings when printing). Both of these are covered on
on this page.
Freeze Panes for view and Repeat row/col headings for printing
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

It will not repeat the row headings on the right side, but every printed
page will have the headings. There is a bit more leeway in the printing
in that you can for instance start at a latter row to have them repeated
so that you can have a logo at the very top that is not repeated.