Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default How can I prevent file from being saved or printed in Excel?

I want to give a test to students, and I do NOT want them to be able to
download, print, or save the spreadsheet - to prevent them from giving the
file to other students. They should be able to modify the file themselves.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Not possible without extensive protection of the workbook and limited access
to the computer in which the workbook is stored.

Basically.......if they can open the workbook they can copy.

I would suggest giving them a hard copy of the test and watch them closely
while they complete and hand it back to you.

Remember the olden days when that was the only option<g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP