Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Allow only writing in a protected Sheet

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if its possible to allow only writing in a cell when a
sheet is protected?
For Example: I have a column named "Names" and in this Column is allowed to
write the persons name and then you can't delete it, or modified it, unless
you have the password to unprotect.
Is this possible?
I aprecciate the help.

Thanks in advance
Piruzzi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

First you select all cells you want to be able to enter data in and Format
to Unlocked.

Then add this event code to the sheet module.

On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then 'edit the 1 to your column number
Me.Unprotect Password:="justme"

With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Locked = True