Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2003 vs 2007

I have a class that will be utilizing Excel 2007 in the spring, but my office
still uses Excel 2003. They have provided me with a copy of Office Std. 2007
so I can download Excel 2007, but I am unsure if I can operate both programs
on the same system. ie. 2003 for work & 2007 for class. Any input would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Hi,

They will work fine together, when you install 2007 make
sure you choose the custom install and check the
do not update option.

HTH
Martin

"TAbel" wrote in message
I have a class that will be utilizing Excel 2007 in the spring, but my
office
still uses Excel 2003. They have provided me with a copy of Office Std.
2007
so I can download Excel 2007, but I am unsure if I can operate both
programs
on the same system. ie. 2003 for work & 2007 for class. Any input would
be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I run all versions since 97 through 2007 side by side on the same machine.
When you install you might want to use a different path for each install,
but as per the last message, make sure you do not choose to update.

Do note that you can only have ONE copy of Outlook installed at any one
time, so if you use and want to stick with Outlook 2003, you must deselect
it from the installation menu option when you install Office 2007.

Regards