Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Zero

How can I alter the default setting in Excel 2003 to allows have "no zeros
shown"
--
flatwall
trying to live down retirement without falling off the edge!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Create a new workbook and set that option for each sheet, then save that
workbook as a template file called Book.XLT, and save it in the XLStart
directory.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"flatwall" wrote in message
How can I alter the default setting in Excel 2003 to allows have "no zeros
shown"
--
flatwall
trying to live down retirement without falling off the edge!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I tried this but got an error message that said the XLSTART folder was read
only and it wouldn't let me save anything to it. In it's properties, the
Read-Only check box says it applies only to files withing the folder. How do
I change the attribute to the folder itself?

"flatwall" wrote in message
How can I alter the default setting in Excel 2003 to allows have "no zeros
shown"
--
flatwall
trying to live down retirement without falling off the edge!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

BTW, if you want any added worksheets to also have that property, you need
to create a single sheet workbook with that option set and save that as
Sheet.XLT in the folder.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"flatwall" wrote in message
How can I alter the default setting in Excel 2003 to allows have "no
zeros
shown"
--
flatwall
trying to live down retirement without falling off the edge!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

cn't you right-click the folder and select Properties and change it there?

--
HTH

Bob