Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.office,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.officeupdate

Default Can't get update to work

I am running Windows XP Home, and recently updated to SP3. The Windows
updater is now trying to install the following update:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB951548)

However, every time it tries, I just get the message, "Some updates could
not be installed," with that update listed.

As a result, my computer is continually downloading, trying to install, and
then failing to install that update. It's getting really annoying.

Is there a way I can get it to stop trying to install that update, or
otherwise fix the problem? It doesn't tell me why it can't install the
update.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.office,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.officeupdate
DL DL is offline

Visit MS Update, manually, review failed updates, follow links available to
causes & possible resolution

"Neil" wrote in message
I am running Windows XP Home, and recently updated to SP3. The Windows
updater is now trying to install the following update:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB951548)

However, every time it tries, I just get the message, "Some updates could
not be installed," with that update listed.

As a result, my computer is continually downloading, trying to install,
and
then failing to install that update. It's getting really annoying.

Is there a way I can get it to stop trying to install that update, or
otherwise fix the problem? It doesn't tell me why it can't install the
update.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.excel

I have had the same problem for two months now. In addition to that, I lost
some excel files. I tried everything, gone through MS web pages, Simply, It
just wont work. Every time, I try to install the updates manually, I receive
a pop up asking for path to €śPro!!!€ť (like Bro in wsup bro). What I am
suspecting is the uninstallation of openoffice.org Prog. On my PC. That
might deleted shortcuts or paths for the updates. Dose any one know what is
the path for MS Office (or Pro)? bro

"Neil" wrote in message
I am running Windows XP Home, and recently updated to SP3. The Windows
updater is now trying to install the following update:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB951548)

However, every time it tries, I just get the message, "Some updates could
not be installed," with that update listed.

As a result, my computer is continually downloading, trying to install,
and
then failing to install that update. It's getting really annoying.

Is there a way I can get it to stop trying to install that update, or
otherwise fix the problem? It doesn't tell me why it can't install the
update.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.excel

effu,
Have you tried to repair your installation of Excel?
1. Open Excel
2. Under Help in the toolbar choose Detect & Repair.
3. You may need to have your MS Office installation CDs handy, so the repair
process can extract "new" files into the appropriate folders.
4. Follow repair directions.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule
<<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Neil" wrote in message
I am running Windows XP Home, and recently updated to SP3. The Windows
updater is now trying to install the following update:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB951548)

However, every time it tries, I just get the message, "Some updates could
not be installed," with that update listed.

As a result, my computer is continually downloading, trying to install,
and
then failing to install that update. It's getting really annoying.

Is there a way I can get it to stop trying to install that update, or
otherwise fix the problem? It doesn't tell me why it can't install the
update.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.excel

R/r
Yes. Already done that and I received a window saying €ścant repair€ť.
The problem is that installation of SP3 requires uninstalling SP2 and if the
SP3 is not completely installed, it removes the older version of MS office.
In other words, I lose what I have.
What I am looking for is the path to MS.PRO. the reason is that, after an
hour, when I get my office back, the SP3 update is waiting to be installed
again (when I restart the pc) and it start to update the program and when it
uninstalls the existing version and wants to install the newer version, right
in the middle of installation, I receive a pop up window asking for a path
for PRO. in MS. File.
I tried to find the path by right clicking on ms office in all program menu,
but the find the target button doesnt work.
Good news is that right now that I am writing you, there is no update icon
in the taskbar. YEAH

"effu" wrote in message
I have had the same problem for two months now. In addition to that, I lost
some excel files. I tried everything, gone through MS web pages, Simply, It
just won€„˘t work. Every time, I try to install the updates manually, I receive
a pop up asking for path to €œPro!!!€ (like Bro in wsup bro). What I am

"Neil" wrote in message
I am running Windows XP Home, and recently updated to SP3. The Windows
updater is now trying to install the following update:

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB951548)

However, every time it tries, I just get the message, "Some updates could
not be installed," with that update listed.

As a result, my computer is continually downloading, trying to install,
and
then failing to install that update. It's getting really annoying.

Is there a way I can get it to stop trying to install that update, or
otherwise fix the problem? It doesn't tell me why it can't install the
update.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.officeupdate,microsoft.public.excel.setup,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.excel

effu,
The PRO11.msi file is not normally included in the installation of MS Office
2003 on your PC. It is located on the MS Office 2003 Installation CD. So you
will need to place the CD in your CD/DVD-ROM, close the installation window. Run
the update. And when the pop up occurs, "Browse", to this file that will located
in your CD/DVD-ROM.